Thursday, October 6, 2005

On the streetcar.

Not much happened on the streetcar to work this morning. I:

  • saw a guy studying a PMP Exam study guide on the streetcar and asked myself why I'm not studying for the PMP - and then thought I should be wearing a nicer shirt than I am.
  • got annoyed at a man wearing candy-apple red leather shoes shaking his leg nervously on the streetcar. He kept hitting my leg. I was actually way more annoyed that he was wearing those stupid shoes, than his shaking his leg or hitting me.
  • noticed the streetcar driver hadn't shaved and wondered if he worked the nightshift on the streetcar.
  • didn't recognize anyone on the streetcar - whereas normally I recognize at least one regular traveller.
  • wondered why the fairly new looking jacket that a woman was wearing said something about an event taking place in 1981. Because that would put the jacket's date to at least 24 years and it really looked pretty brand new.
  • said 'pardon me' upon exiting to an old chinese lady who replied in Mandarin to me. I wished I'd understood what she said. I hope it was polite.