Monday, October 10, 2005

Procyon lotor

Raccoon: Procyon (pro = before + cyon = dog) lotor (washer).

Yesterday I removed the wallpaper from the bathroom wall using a fancy chemical and some water and a lot of elbow grease then I stuck masking tape all around and polyfilla-ed the holes that pitted the walls and today I sanded the polyfilla away and swept up and wiped the walls down with a damp sponge and waited for a while and then I painted the bathroom a creamy colour and I now positively smell like a raccoon who got stuck in a garbage dumpster for a day before figuring out how to climb out on the rotting bags of restaurant waste.

It is Ramadan and I'm only eating a little during the day out of respect for Spring whose stomach can be heard rumbling all the way to Cheektowaga. Or is that my stomach? I'm going to make Shrimp Pasta Procyon Prolotor, the shrimp are thawing in the fridge. The pasta is already cooked. The "Procyon Prolotor" just makes the dish sound fancy and does not mean that the dish in any way contains Procyon Prolotor.