Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Good Morning! 7:30 or 8:00 am interview?

Well - I wrote the test, took me 48 minutes. My arithmetic skillz suckz big time, apparently, but my pattern recognition skills excel, according to the analysis.

A few minutes ago a guy from the consulting company and said that they'd received my test results and that I'd "passed with flying colours". The VP of such and such is in his office from 6:30 to 9:00 tomorrow morning and "could I come in for an interview around 7:30 or 8:00?"...

So, I will awaken from my slightly stupider than I thought I was according to the IQ test slumber and go to meet him.

Apparently this company is
"not a place for everyone. We're intensely focused on those we serve and obsessive in terms of the detail and the discipline required of superb performance. One-in-three survive our "trial-by-ordeal, up-or-out" policy in their first year. One out of every 100 applicants is offered a position with us."

Oh yeah. This is going to be a walk in the park if I pass this first in-person interview.

Why is this beginning to feel like The Firm?

If I find out that this is one huge scam - and that they want me to pay them $5,000 for the opportunity for career direction and advice - please don't laugh at me. There is a sucker born every minute.