Friday, February 3, 2006

RIM, my skills and Al-Zawahiri

At work my main client is Research In Motion - I'm enjoying my project very much.

In other news, some debate out there whether Al-Zawahiri's latest taunt is bluster or a head's up. I bet on a head's up - my prediction is there will be a major strike in the next 4-6 weeks - either oil, or shopping mall, or someting more shocking. If I'm wrong then I won't make such silly predictions for a while.

In other news, here are some of my proven and past-implemented skills:

  • making apple doll heads
  • butchering the carcass of a steer, a deer, a moose and ostrich
  • cooking a nice crown roast of lamb
  • appreciating the poetry of herman hesse but only in English
  • rolling and interpreting the I Ching
  • taking a car engine apart and being able to mostly put it back together again
  • singing karaoke in a biker bar and gaining the applause of bikers
  • eating softback novels
  • verbally de-escalating suicide attempts
  • physically and verbally de-escalating assault attempts
  • running quickly
  • constructing pine furniture
  • constructing and sewing stuffed toy bears
  • clapping in time with songs
  • skipping stones
  • picking deadbolt locks with a pair of non-corrugated paperclips
  • climbing dangerously high bridge scaffolding
  • developing intricate and comprehensive process diagrams in Visio
  • managing software and web application implementations
  • whistling higher than anyone i've ever met except the guy who taught me it in grade 10
  • playing the violin - when I was 7
  • making fire with a spark
  • making gunpowder from drugstore ingredients
  • making mild but amusing sublimating explosives out of grocery store ingredients
  • walking backwards to occlude my tracks in the snow
  • juggling with one hand
  • juggling with two hands
  • waving with one hand
  • waving with two hands
  • using a double boiler to melt chocolate
  • making a papier-mache mask
  • coding in visual basic and visual basic script
  • tapping out my name in morse code