Friday, July 6, 2007

Final Algonquin Canoe Camping Equipment List

So I am off on my trip tomorrow morning and I have a few things to check before I go... I need to ensure I have the right amount of food, not too much, not too little - scribble grocery list for whatever is outstanding. I also need to update my Outdoors Card with a Fishing License sticker at Canadian Tire after work today.

The final list for both my dad and myself and Monty is below:
  • 1 Cooking Pot
  • 1 Kettle
  • 1 foldable Frying pan
  • 1 Can opener
  • 3 Nalgene bottles
  • 2 Steel Mugs
  • 2 Cutlery sets
  • 1 Tea towel
  • Several Zip lock bags
  • 2 Tins Evaporated milk
  • Lemon Drink Crystals
  • 1 Tin chicken flakes, 2 tins tuna, 1 tin SPAM, 2 tins Chili
  • Tabasco sauce
  • 2 packages of Instant Mashed Potatoes
  • 2 packages of Pasta side-dishes
  • 1 package Pancake batter
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Tea
  • Sugar
  • Rice
  • Olive oil
  • Egg container
  • Eggs
  • Kibble
  • Tortillas
  • Gin
  • Marshmallows
  • 1 each per day Chocolate bars
  • Earl Grey Tea and Purple Velveteen Zip-Up Pouch (uhm... that's for my dad. He saved up several Tetley Tea Bag Box tops and mailed them away along with $5. Now he transports his tea when he goes away in this little pouch. I don't make fun of him about this. Really.)
  • 1 package of Frozen Hotdogs
  • Paper Plates
  • Alka-Seltzer
  • Toilet paper
  • Tooth-brushes
  • Plastic Mirror
  • Biodegradable Camping Suds
  • Insect Repellent
  • Compass
  • Fire steel
  • Fishing rod, gear, license
  • 4 Garbage Bags
  • Small Forest Axe
  • Diamond Sharpener
  • Headlamp and extra AAA batteries
  • Filled Naptha Lantern & Mantle
  • Tarp Rope
  • Filled Stove & 2 filled Fuel Bottles (for extra)
  • Mora Knife
  • Folding Bucksaw
  • Emergency Blanket
  • Tarpaulin
  • 2 self-inflating Mattresses & 1 Repair kit
  • 2 Sleeping Bags
  • Tent
  • 2 Pillow cases
  • Jacket, Jeans, Cap
  • Socks, Underwear
  • T-Shirt, Shirt, Sweater
  • Blanket for Monty to sleep on
  • Imodium
  • Ibuprofen
  • Pepto-Bismol
  • Band-Aids
  • 2 Books
  • SLR Camera and Digital Camera & 2 batteries
  • Knapsack
  • Folding Chair
Cheers,

Mungo