Thursday, October 2, 2008

Victorinox Swiss Army Soldier Pocket Knife and a Johnson U.S.A. Component Pocket Knife

My director at work brought her Dad's old boy scout pocket knife for me to see - as I had been telling her about some knives I use while camping (Mora, and my Victorinox Swiss Army Knife etc...). It is a Johnson U.S.A Component Pocket Knife (I'm calling it that... dunno what the actual model name is...).


Hers came in a leather case, with a zipper close.


I have - and use - a Victorinox Swiss Army Soldier Pocket Knife (Silver Alox). The Victorinox Swiss Army Soldier has the following unique features:
  • Blade
  • ReamerCan Opener
  • Small Screwdriver
  • Bottle Opener
  • Large Screwdriver
  • Wire Stripper

I couldn't find any information on the manufacturer or any similar models. You can see that the file above actually clips into the base of the knife handle. This is how all of the blades are attached. You can attach two attachments at a time, one at each end.


It locks fairly securely.


This model has a typical blade, two files, a saw-toothed attachment, an awl, what appears to be a scooped-out screwdriver, and can opener/bottle opener attachment (angled, bottom right).

The whole lot is stored in a case, with elastic banding holding the pieces tight.


The scales appear to be made of bone, but are actually composed of a hard plastic.


I like the look of the case.


I'm thinking I want a case for my Victorinox Swiss Army Soldier Pocket Knife.

If anyone has any information on the Johnson U.S.A. company, please respond via the comment form, please... I'd be very interested.

Cheers,

Mungo