Thursday, October 13, 2005

Something

This post is about something. If you read between the lines you might get it. I don't get it but maybe somewhere between the lines the point will come out somehow unconsciously or something like that.

My fingers hurt, my eye is watering, I keep yawning. My lunch was too much and it is too cold in here. I have staffing charts to update, a budget to reconcile and invoices to track down because they didn't give me copies. I'm trying to get copies. The supplier made inappropriate jokes on the phone - the other supplier was cogent. The earlier strategy brainstorming meeting bored me silly and I have a project plan sitting in front of me waiting to get task durations and dependencies figured out.

I like the show called My Name is Earl. He has a great list. He's made a list of things he'd done which were bad, which he was going to make up for by doin' goodly. I'd like to do that. My list would be really long - here's a quick 1 minute audit of my conscience. I didn't include the one about stealing scissors because it was from when I worked briefly at Pier One during grade 11 summertime and I hate remembering that time in my life.
  • Took blank work books from the supply closet at in Grade 3. My mum made me put them back. It wasn't my choice. At least it showed I was industrious. At least I wasn't stealing cash. But then I shouldn't be making excuses. After all, this is the LIST.
  • Called a guy a pig-face and he might have heard me when I was 12. He looked piggish. I still feel bad.
  • Broke my house-mate's (in 2nd year) aquarium when trying to do a good deed and clean it. I claimed it wasn't me. That was shitty, even though he was killing his fish with neglect.
etc.. etc...

Do you have a list?