Friday, October 14, 2005

Spill

I was going through this week's e-mails just now to make sure I haven't missed any critical communications. As I sipped on coffee. I noticed my pen felt wet. I looked down. Sometime in the last 5 minutes, absolutely engrossed by e-mails about asset management, testing processes and group e-mails about crap I don't care about, I'd spilled my coffee all over my work book and a bit on my newly-cleaned shirt. A Kleenex took care of my shirt - not a spot. Must have been coated with Teflon or newly laundered spray.

I thought about it. This doesn't make me feel too bad, the whole Spill episode I've just described. Other times in my life, well... I'd have felt pretty blue about it all. Aaron Beck would understand. I should write this little test (PDF document) - it is a good one... that'll help me understand and cope with any spilled coffee blues. If you want to score the test - make sure you write it first before reading this... use the instructions on this document in the 'Scoring' section... easy-peasy.

"The BDI-II is intended to assess the severity of depression in psychiatrically diagnosed adults and adolescents 13 years of age and older. It is not meant to serve as an instrument of diagnosis, but rather to identify the presence and severity of symptoms consistent with the criteria of the DSM-IV. The authors warn against the use of this instrument as a sole diagnostic measure, as depressive symptoms may be part of other primary diagnostic disorders. "

Well - I've just done it. I'm not depressed. Pissed off a bit about the coffee stains in my book, though.

What nonsense Simon... what are you writing about?