Wednesday, November 2, 2005

My Emerging Asset Management Competence.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I have a sizable chunk of assets to process - filenames converted into usable system file terms, dimensions, and sizing. It means I have to drape myself over papers on my desk with an ink pen and methodically write out the correct terms relying on obscure rules of nomenclature and heuristics that are flirtaciously flitting in and out of my consciousness, in and out of my grasp.

Once I do a couple of dozen, I think they'll impress a groove in my neural synapses and the rest can be done on auto-pilot.

Then there are a few 'special' assets that need to be tracked down by yours truly and then from there only a few assets requests at a time will flow through the system and the process will be clarified for the group and easy to invoke.

Easy to invoke. I guess that's the key with all this learning I'm doing at this job - I want to be able to do everything that's asked of me painlessly and efficiently. I hate feeling incompetent.

But since seeing the light, I feel more competent. Competence.