Thursday, November 3, 2005

They do not have the funds and the future of the other project is unknown and unsold.

In 10 work days, my contract will come to an end. They do not have the funds to maintain my position - the corporate and agency side can't use a project manager - they need a support account manager - and since the season is over and all they're doing is planning for '06 and '07 and the future of the other project is unknown and unsold and since the pilot program was supported by the former program (or as they call it - 'project') they will not renew the contract...

Well that means no more asset management. And no more duplicitious prick account managers. And it means that I'll get to find a non-agency place to work - and maybe I'll steer clear of pure project management for a while. You produce nothing - you do nothing - you faciliate the production of things and you facilitate the doing of things... while you know this is exceptionally important, and that the project could not thrive without this behind-the-curtains busy business, what do you have at the end of the day? I made... What?

I like making stuff. I'm making this blog. I'm making .NET coding come to life on this same computer. I like making food. I like making a new bathroom.

Spring's going to Wisconsin next week - they make cheese there. I could make cheese.

I'll stop writing now.