Friday, June 8, 2007

July 2007 Solo Algonquin Canoe Trip Planning

It's time to begin planning for my next solo canoe trip in Algonquin Park, Jim's latest post inspired me to start now. I was delaying somewhat because I want Monty's knee to begin to heal, but if he isn't able to make it, Spring has told me she'll mind him for the few days that I'll be gone. I think he'll be fine though, and be able to join me.



My comprehensive camping list is below - I may end up bringing less, but I have most of the basics covered. I think the only question mark is the camping chair. But since I'll be doing a small portage, it isn't like I am carrying a huge amount with me. Anyway, here I go:

Kitchen Equipment
  • Small Cooking pot & lid
  • Frying pan
  • Can opener
  • Nalgene bottle X1
  • Mug
  • Zip lock bags
  • Fork
  • Spoon
  • Tea towel

Food
  • Instant Mashed Potatoes
  • Evaporated milk
  • Lemon Drink Crystals
  • Margarine
  • Tinned meat
  • Pasta side-dishes
  • Pancake batter
  • Salt
  • Tabasco
  • Pepper
  • Tea
  • Sugar
  • Chocolate
  • Raisins
  • Rice
  • Dried Sausage
  • Bacon
  • Instant oatmeal
  • tuna
  • Tortillas
  • Wine

Clothes/Quarters
  • Mattress
  • Repair kit
  • Sleeping Bag
  • Compression Bag
  • Tent
  • Blanket
  • Pillow case
  • Jacket, Jeans, Cap
  • Socks, Underwear
  • T-Shirt, Shirt, Fleece
  • Windbreaker

Toiletries/Kit Bag
  • Aspirin/Anti-inflammatory
  • Pepto-Bismol
  • Band-Aids
  • Toilet paper
  • Tooth-brush
  • Alka-Seltzer
  • Imodium
  • Mirror
  • Camping Suds

Gear
  • Book
  • Compass
  • Fire steel
  • Fishing rod, Tackle & License
  • Garbage Bag
  • Gransfors-Bruks Small Forest Axe
  • Sharpener
  • Headlamp and AAA batteries
  • Radio
  • Lantern & Mantle (filled with fuel)
  • Rope
  • Stove & full Fuel Bottle
  • Knives – Mora carbon steel & Buck Drop-Point Hunter
  • Extra Fuel
  • Folding Bucksaw
  • Dry Sacks
  • Reflective Emergency Blanket
  • Folding Chair
  • Tarp
  • Camera & 2 batteries


I will likely go here: