Thursday, October 27, 2005

Flurries and blue sky.

I have been engaged in a veritable flurry of activity since my last posting. My door is closed and I have put a sticky-note on it that reads "Asset Management in Process" though this week I have had 2 people come by my office. I don't expect a huge audience.

I have gone to another building, got assets, uploaded them to a network area, and am uploading gigabytes of data to an ftp site and I am updating asset tables and taking voluminous notes and to-dos and cross-checking e-mails with tasks and I have a funny feeling I'll get this thing under way soon.

I like the expression 'to blue-sky'. Let's just blue-sky it for a moment: Imagine that I become the asset-management king here and am hired on full time as a project manager specializing in asset-management. I could get a coffee-cup emblazoned with the term "Asset Management Expert".

I bid thee farewell until my next post. More optimistically-reported progress will be reported at that time within that report.