Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Wot happened today.

This morning, after consulting with a Dell technical services voice on the phone, I calmly arrived at the conclusion that I had to format my entire hard drive.

So I did.

I am now trying to put back files I'd previously archived. I have lost some files.

That is why I want a Maxtor One-Touch external backup drive.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Children and Dogs: back up your computers now. Don't dilly-dally. Learn this lesson while you still have your arms and eyeballs. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

One a more positive note, regarding first impressions, I attended an interview today, wearing my fancy tie. I saw famous people in one of the rooms, because famous people work where I interviewed. They looked at me and I looked at them. Somehow I don't think they got the same endearing sense of familiarity I got after catching their eye(s).

Tomorrow I have another interview for another position - there won't be famous people there.

Tuesday I have another interview. No famous people there.

Spring will sleep better tonight and Monty will too. That's because Spring got lots of sleep last night and Monty is just plain sleepy. He is now suckling on his stuffed donkey. He kneads Donkey (as the stuffed donkey is known) with his front paws and clamps down on a leg or neck and breathes heavily, as his eyes clamp shut. You can see his tongue moving against the toy. Perhaps he was taken away from his mum too early - we got him at 7 weeks. Anyway, it is darned cute.

That is all. Go to sleep now everyone. It is 11:20 PM.

Mungo.